1) A file is created specifying your concerns
2) A Municipal Enforcement Officer (MEO) or Community Standards Peace Officer (CSPO) opens an investigation
3) The officer investigates your complaint within 4 business days
4) The officer may issue a warning notice with directions to remedy the problem within a specified time frame or issue a bylaw ticket with a fine ranging from $250 to $10,000 depending on the circumstances
5) The officer may issue an order, which allows the city to fix the problem and bill the property owner for the cost
6) The City may contact you to appear as a witness, if the matter goes to court.
****BY CITY OF EDMONTON LAW****